Eric Marchetto, Senior Vice President, Trinity Industries, Group President, TrinityRail, spoke at the 2020 TEGMA Annual Meeting in Scottsdale, AZ on January 22 – 24. Marchetto spoke on the topic: The Rails Ahead: Moving by Rail in 2020 and Beyond.
The other speakers for this event included:
- Merril Hoge, Retired NFL running and former ESPN analyst, Banquet Speaker
- Mark Zenuk, Managing Partner, Tillridge Global Agribusiness Partners – “Where We Have Been, and Where We Are Going in a Global Ag Economy“
- Seth Meyer, Co-Director, Food & Agricultural Policy Research Institute, University of Missouri – “Implications of Current Trade Uncertainties“
- Dr. Keith Belk, Animal Science Department Head, Colorado State University – “Animal Protein Alternatives – Trendy or Hear to Stay?“
- Chris De Santis, Principal, CPDeSantis – “Embracing Generational Diversity”
- Zach England, Chief Operating Officer, C.R. England – “Implications of New Technology and Freight Market Outlook“
- Mike Peters, Chief Commercial Officer – North America, Genesee & Wyoming
- Andrea Albright, Managing Director/Senior Treasury Solutions Manager, Bank of America – “Innovation – Digitization, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility and Big Data“
TEGMA is a North American trade association who members include grain shippers and receivers, as well, as many related business including transportation companies, ports, and inspection agencies. TEGMA is embarking on an initiative to:
- Define its new role in the grain industry
- Develop a new structure for serving its members
- Create a fresh vigor to its activities
The association recently concluded a review of its activities and believes it can best bring value to its members by being focused on operational and business issues facing its members. As a result, the association’s Board of Director’s has approved this new mission statement:
TEGMA seeks to provide a forum where the grain-based agribusiness industry can debate, discuss and facilitate resolution of operational and business issues bringing insight to its membership and stakeholders.
TEGMA recognizes there may also be occasions where it will engage in issue advocacy on matters of specific interest to its members. TEGMA holds two meetings each year: a fall symposium in a Midwest city where the focus is on operational and business issues and a Winter meeting where the focus is more on macro issues.
TrinityRail was a proud sponsor of this year’s winter event.